We exist to see the sick made well, and the well made whole. The work we are doing at Christ Health Center goes well beyond treating the sick. We are committed to the physical, mental and spiritual health and well-being of each of our patients. More than simply seeing the sick made well, at Christ Health Center we strive to see the well made whole and to see each patient living life abundantly. Our patients have access to the very best in primary care, dental services and professional counseling as well as medication therapy management through our on-site pharmacy. We accept all forms of insurance, including Medicare and Medicaid, and offer a generous sliding scale fee-for-service option to our self-pay patients.
We demonstrate the love and power of Jesus Christ by providing excellent, affordable healthcare and participating in community development.
- Holistic Health - Health is a state of complete physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. At all times, we are focused on the building of health, not just the delivery of healthcare.
- Quality Services - We provide high quality medical, dental and pharmacy care that is appropriate for the physical, mental and spiritual needs of our patients. In all of our endeavors, we meet or exceed national and industry standards.
- Patient Centered - Our patients have a valued voice in the development of systems that affect their health.
- Sustainable Development - Efforts that come and go only feed a culture of distrust. Though we will likely have a long-term need for charitable contributions, it is our goal to be as independent of these as possible.
- Financial Responsibility - We maintain our finances according to rigorous budgeting and reporting with integrity and transparency, including annual third part audits.
- Strategic Partnerships-Working with other community organizations increases everyone's success while most efficiently allocating resources. Our focus is healthcare delivery, but we also partner with those in the arenas of housing, education, recreation, public safety and economic development.
- Reproducibility - Many neighborhoods in the Birmingham area are in need. As we grow our model and assist like-minded individuals, it is difficult to imagine what good might come.
- Indigenous Leadership - True transformation comes when underserved communities are empowered to effectively labor for the development of their own community.
- Local Churches- God has both ordained and equipped the local church to meet society's needs. We assist the local church in doing this.
- Christian Unity - Efforts are made to coordinate ministry activity within the community and to reconnect underserved areas to greater Birmingham.